Adaptive re-use of part of a building in the Coal Processing Plant Compound which now functions as local Tourism Office.
The only hotel in town back then that hosted white-collar workers and guests from the Dutch colonial Government who came to town to conduct inspection or pay a visit.
A comedy house turned pawnshop. This building still retains its architectural authenticity despite the functional changes.
The residential house of the Dutch colonial era ombilin coal mining official was once the residence of the doctor at the Sawahlunto Hospital and later became part of the ombilin heritage hotel areas
Goedang Ransoem museum complex was originally a public kitchen complex for the ombilin coal mining company which was founded in 1918. As the name implies, the soup kitchen is a place to cook meals for thousands of ombilin mine workers and ombilin hospital patients
The W1 house was built in 1915 and is used as a doctor’s office for the ombilin coal mining company hospital. During the independence period of the Republic of Indonesia, this building area was also built as a residence for company employees who added ombilin coal who were still single
This church was built in 1919 and was completed in 1920 during the Dutch colonial era
This school was opened in 1921 as Catholic Elementary School. then in 1926 it became Europeasche Lagere School.This building is an educational facility for Dutch and other European children in sawahlunto
This building has been around since 1917.This building used to be used as the official residence of the Landraad or the Department of Justice belonging to the Dutch
This building was founded in the 1920s by the Dutch colonial government as the official residence of Dutch officials at the controleur or camat level.
This building in the Dutch era was used as the official residence of the Lanraad, because it was located close to the lanraad office or the Dutch department of justice.
built in 1916, this building functioned as the residence of Demang and was also the residence of the Dutch prosecutor’s office
This house was built in 1922 and is a mess for employees who were still single in colonial times. until now it is still used as a residential house
This building was built in 1925 and is a bachelor’s mess for employees who were still unmarried in colonial times. until now it is still used as a residential house
Over the Anai river, an arch bridge was built in 1890. From the construction drawing, it can be seen that bridge is 108.5 metre-long, the arch is 35 metre-long, the distance between the railway bridge and the surface of the river is 36 metre, the total height of the construction is 16 metre.
Padang Panjang Railway Station was founded by the Indies government- Netherlands in 1889. Officially this station operated in 1891.
This station was established by the Dutch East Indies government to facilitate the distribution process of commodity goods from darek to the west coast of Sumatra, especially coal from Sawahlunto, as well as agricultural products and plantation fields such as rice, coffee, tea, chocolate, gambier and others which are delivered to Teluk Bayur port in Padang
Kayu Tanam Station (KTN) is a class II train station located in Nagari Kayu Tanam, 2×11 Kayu Tanam, Padang Pariaman. This station has eight railway lines with line 2 being a straight line and lines 7 and 8 as badug tracks for storing coal wagons.
Teluk Bayur Harbor was previously named Emmahaven which was built since the Dutch colonial era between 1888 and 1893. This port serves as a gateway between islands as well as a gateway for the flow of goods in and out of export-import goods from and to West Sumatra.
Batang Ombilin is the name of a river that originates at Lake Singkarak in the province of West Sumatra, Indonesia.
Silo Gunung or also known as the C Coal Storage Facility at Emmahaven Port is the last reservoir for coal transported from Sawahlunto with an area of 2.5 hectares. The coal transported by train is unloaded at Silo Gunung and then loaded onto ships at Teluk Bayur port.
The topography of the railroad tracks is more in the form of hills, dense forests, infiltrating between valleys and passing fast rivers.
Built in 1916, this building is the “Hoofdkantoor van de Steenkolenmijn Ombilin” or also known as the Ombilin Minjnen office or what can be interpreted as “Ombilin Coal Mining Company Office in Sawahlunto”
Current view of the city of sawahlunto
Mond Mijn Soegar or Soegar Hole is a ventilation hole from the Loento Mine Hole
Mbah Soero’s mining hole was opened by the Dutch government by employing forced labor or chain people
This hole was built around 1898 for coal mining activities along 185 meters by the Dutch Colonial. Then it was closed in 1932, because water seepage remembered the tunnel.
Lubang Tambang Mbah Soero is one of the legendary legacies in West Sumatra that Unesco has recognized.
The Goedang Ransum Museum building itself was built in 1918 during the Dutch colonialism. This public kitchen is equipped with two large warehouses and to cook 3,900 kilograms of rice every day for coal mine workers
Built in 1916, this building belongs to a Chinese family named Pek Sin Kek.
This building was built in 1910 under the name “Societeit Gluck Auf”. The Societeit building is a meeting hall or place for socializing and gathering of Ombilin coal mine officials and government officials from European circles.
This building was built in 1912 and functions as a train station
Built in 1904 ,The residential house of the Dutch colonial era ombilin coal mining official was once the residence of the doctor at the Sawahlunto Hospital and later became VIP room of Ombilin Hotel.